Some features of this site may not work without it.
Free learning from The Open University
Size: 3. Format: PDF. Send Feedback. The auditory cortex AC is tonotopically organized, which means that the frequency information is mapped to the cortical topography.
Thus, similar frequencies are processed in close vicinity at AC. The tonotopy set limits to the frequency resolution, but under selective attention the frequency-based segregation succeeds even in conditions where the signal and noise are overlapping in frequency. The aim of the study was to explore these underlying short-term neural mechanisms that can sharpen the frequency selectivity at AC under selective attention.
The topic was investigated by a psychophysical experiment where parametric changes in attention and background noise were used to bias the cortical responses. Series A, Life sciences ; v.
Macquarie University - Speech
Series A, Life sciences. Subjects Cochlea -- Physiology -- Congresses. Auditory perception -- Congresses.
Auditory perception. Auditory Perception -- congresses.
Auditory Frequency Selectivity
Cochlea -- physiology -- congresses. Hearing -- Congresses. Psychoacoustics -- Congresses. Auditory Perception -- Congresses. View online Borrow Buy Freely available Show 0 more links Set up My libraries How do I set up "My libraries"?
Australian National University Library. Open to the public. Curtin University Library. Open to the public ; Flinders University Central Library. La Trobe University Library. Borchardt Library, Melbourne Bundoora Campus. Monash University Library.
- Theory of Functions [Vol 1] Elems, Gen. Theory of Anal. Fns.
- Open Learning - OpenLearn - Open University.
- Frequency selectivity in loudness adaptation and auditory fatigue. - Abstract - Europe PMC.
- This item appears in the following Collection(s)!
- Algebraic Topology: New Trends in Localization and Periodicity: Barcelona Conference on Algebraic Topology, Sant Feliu de Guíxols, Spain, June 1–7, 1994!
The University of Melbourne Library. University of Queensland Library. Open to the public ; QP University of Sydney Library. University of Western Australia Library. Open to the public Conference Proceedings English Show 0 more libraries A93 Conference Proceedings English Show 0 more libraries None of your libraries hold this item.
- An objective assessment method for frequency selectivity of the human auditory system!
- Coordination Theory and Collaboration Technology (Volume in the Computers, Cognition, and Work Series).
- The effect of selective attention on auditory frequency selectivity in humans.
- Al-Kind=i (Great Medieval Thinkers).
- Bestselling Series.
Other suppliers National Library of Australia - Copies Direct The National Library may be able to supply you with a photocopy or electronic copy of all or part of this item, for a fee, depending on copyright restrictions. Tags What are tags?